Tuesday 18 August 2009

White Horses, Snowy White Horses!

Although not the worlds greatest horse lover, I much prefer donkeys, I do remember from my childhood, this series shown on BBC television in the 1960's & then again in the Seventies.
'The White Horses', a Yugoslav/German co-production, shot in black & white in Slovenia in 1965, and dubbed into English, followed the adventures of 15-year-old Julia who leaves Belgrade to spend a holiday with her uncle on his Lipizzaner stud farm.
But is is, the programmes theme song 'White Horses' sung by Irish singer Jacky that has stayed firmly with me across the years, perhaps because of that dream of escapism it offers!

1 comment:

Maggie & Mitch said...

I love your new blog!
I have always wanted a donkey. I think they're so cute and I have to be careful not to voice this too loudly or George will buy 2-3 donkeys! He loves animals!

And I have to tell you that when I was a kid, mom and dad gave me a Lippizaner stallion book for Christmas one year - and I actually still have the book! It's always been a dream of mine to be able to see them perform their Aires above the ground! They are such magnificent horses!
Sue