Monday 3 August 2009

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid!

This was originally posted on an older blog but have had to revise the video's due to copywrite withdrawal!

I have many favourite films, all of which will probably make an appearance here, but today's the turn of my all time favourite Western.
Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid", made in 1969, staring two favourite actors, Paul Newman as Butch - his death last year saddened me; and Robert Redford as Sundance; has never lost it's appeal, partly because they inter-acted so well together
And, I've lost track of the number of times I've seen the film in the cinema, on TV or on my own well played DVD.
I couldn't possibly write a better review than the one I read HERE.
I've found the two extracts from the movie about two charming, loveable bank robbers & their escapades for a nostalgic fix.
The song "Rain drops keep fallin", frequently runs through my head & the bike scene with Butch & Sundance's girlfriend Etta [Katherine Ross] is a very favourite one..

And, the finalle sequence, I always want to to end differently & it still brings a tear to my eye when it of course doesn't...





Original Comments:-

B. Roan said...
Now this is one of my favorites, too! I saw this movie the first day it was released. Since then, I've seen it way too many times to count. I actually shed a few tears when I heard about the death of Paul Newman. He was a gem. It is obvious in this movie and The Sting that these two were good friends in real life. I can't hear Raindrops without thinking of this movie. I don't have time to watch all the videos this morning, but will be back later to enjoy. BJ
09 October 2008 13:13

nonizamboni said...
Oh wow, what a memory. I fell head over heels on Paul Newman when he was riding that bicycle! Thanks for a lovely, sad, reminder.
09 October 2008 14:03

Nydia said...
I simply love this film!!!! Can you believe my huband hasn't watched it yet??? I've talking about it with him, since Paul Newman passed away (such a charming and talented man...), that it's a must! Loved it.Kisses from Nydia.
09 October 2008 15:33

Agatha and Archie said...
Ah..Pl2 LOVED thi smovie and saw it a gazillion times..She was very very sad when he died too.Love A+A
09 October 2008 19:57

Maggie and Mitch said...
This movie is one of mom and dad's favorites too! It's one of the BEST!Love ya lots,Maggie and Mitch
10 October 2008 00:35

Fairy Mae said...
Oh...I havent watched that movie in ages!!! What a great Fave thing.
10 October 2008 16:23

No comments: