Sunday 23 August 2009

Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall in Love Again!

I wasn't looking for singer Tom Jones, but coming across a video of him - not this one, I immediately thought of my good & loyal Prairieland friend Wilma - she's a seriously devoted fan of his, who is convalescing far too slowly by her own standards, after invasive surgery and preceding months of pain & worry.
So, this is for her, as I hope she's soon able to enjoy laughing & life to the full again soon.

The song is also a personal favourite of mine.
And, had Tom Jones been performing in Las Vegas when I was there this March, I would have dragged a kicking & screaming in protest Little Buddy to his show, as he is a consummate performer & I love to see him 'Live'!

4 comments:

Maggie & Mitch said...

I just saw the Tom Jones video, Blue!
I can remember like it was yesterday, being in high school and watching his show on TV! I used to scream right along with all of the other women and dad would sit there and laugh at me!
I wonder if they still toss panties and room keys on stage at his concerts!
He's still a very good-looking man! Love that head of curls!
Thank you for a walk down Memory Lane!

Sue

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Hi Sue!

I too remember his TV appearances.
The very first ones were on 'Top of the Pops', a weekly UK chart show.
I did see him interviewed recently and he admitted the odd pair of panties still came his way - LOL!

But, as Wilma has seen him in concert many times, maybe she will tell all.

As I do so love your feedback, have decided to do 'Comments' as emails disappear over a period of time.
Hope you don't mind but I've copied your recent ones to me to the appropriate posts.
[Obviously I have too much time on my hands.]

Blue

Wilma said...

Ah, my Tommy! {Sigh} Thanx so much, my friend.

He does still get the panties flying his way. Haven't seen a hotel room key lately, though!

My latest CD acquisition is a collection of duets with Sir Jones & guests of his TV show. Love, love, love it!

Maggie & Mitch said...

Im sure panties falling at TJ's feet make him feel like he's still "got it"! LOL

Sue